Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baked Sweet GA BYES (Potatoes)




Ok, so this recipe isn't brain surgery or rocket science for that matter. It's fairly basic and simple but if you are like me, it's one you probably KNOW how to do, but sorta forget you know it- therefore, forget to make it!

Allow me to digress a bit: let me tell you about my son, Miles. Miles is 19 months old and LOVES french fries. He LOVES them. I tried so hard to keep him away from such foods and eating green things as long as I could, and overall, the kid is pretty good. He will eat roasted chicken and spinach stuffed pasta and edamame like its going out of style. But give him a plate of french fries and game over. No other food will be consumed. The best is what he calls them. GaByes. GAAABYES GAABYES (those would be how he screams when he sees them..) I know by now he probably can say french fries pretty well..but I just want to keep him a baby a bit longer so I call them GaByes too..

Sweet Potato Fries are a great way to satisfy the french fry craving but - healthier than their white cousins! More vitamins and more fiber and more filling too.

Preheat oven to 425.



Peel 4 small sweet potatoes or 2 large ones. Cut pointy ends off so they don't burn in the oven. Slice potatoes approximately 4" long and 1" wide.
Put 1/4 cup olive oil in a ziplock bag.

Add: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbl kosher salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1 tsp paprika.
Place sliced potatoes in the bag and shake well until combined.

Spread potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet and spread apart with a spoon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, tossing once while cooking until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment